SIA “Eiropas Dzelzceļa līnijas”
announces a competition for the Infrastructure Management Department
Rail Freight Service Facilities Manager’s position
SIA Eiropas Dzelzceļa līnijas (registration No. LV 40103836785) is a state owned company, the sole purpose of which is to implement the Rail Baltica – a new open access railway infrastructure in Latvia. SIA Eiropas Dzelzceļa līnijas announces a competition for the position of Rail Freight Service Facilities Manager at Infrastructure Management Department for the implementation of the project as follows. The Rail Freight Service Facilities Manager will report to the Head of Infrastructure management.
- Main job responsibilities:
* management of the development of rail freight service facilities;
* planning of service facilities development strategy and implementation it;
* development and implementation of the approved service point development strategy;
* development of the service facilities management and organizational models and development plans;
* management of the project teams;
* participation in the development and implementation of the Rail Baltica infrastructure management system, ensuring efficient services of railway service facilities;
* planning and development of the life cycle of railway service facilities - design, construction, operation, maintenance, etc.;
* development and implementation of the digital asset management model for approved service facilities;
* reporting to the direct manager and company's management;
* supervision of the fulfilment of conditions laid down in co-operation agreements;
* providing the advice and all necessary support within the scope of the responsibilities;
* other duties in the area of the competence.
- Requirements for applicants:
* second level professional higher education (EQF 6-7) in transport and logistics, business management, real estate management, engineering, finances or economics, project and programme management or equivalent areas;
* at least 5 years of experience of managing large-scale, complex projects, preferably in the field of railway or transport infrastructure or logistics;
* at least 5 years of experience in rail freight or multimodal logistics industry;
* knowledge of railway regulatory framework will be considered an advantage;
* experience in railway infrastructure management or railway operations or railway facility development management will be considered an advantage;
* experience of developing a corporate management system will be considered an advantage;
* work experience in an international environment will be considered an advantage;
* excellent communication, cooperation and negotiation skills, the ability to communicate positively, accuracy and a sense of responsibility;
* excellent leadership competencies;
* innovative thinking, willingness to work with new technologies and solutions;
* ability to solve problem situations, analyse the situation and consequences of actions, find the most suitable solution;
* ability to independently organize work and plan your time;
* proficiency of English at least of B2 level;
* good working skills with MS Office software.
Monthly salary before taxes EUR 3,200-4,500 gross.
- Applying for a position
Please send the application documents (motivated application, copies of documents certifying the education and the CV describing main job responsibilities) electronically to e-mail address: email@example.com by June 30, 2021 or by post to the legal address of SIA Eiropas Dzelzceļa līnijas (Gogoļa iela 3, Riga, LV-1743), or submit in person at the office of SIA Eiropas Dzelzceļa līnijas (Ģenerāļa Radziņa krastmala 9, Riga), by calling 66954242 in advance.
- Additional project information:
Rail Baltica is a rail transport project that aims to integrate the Baltic States into the European railway network and covers five European Union countries - Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, and indirectly also Finland, by extending the route with Tallinn-Helsinki link. It is planned to build a new over 870 km long European railway gauge (1435 mm) line in the Baltic States with a maximum speed of 240 km/h, promoting population mobility and freight transport in the north-south direction, as well as sustainable and diversified economic development and competitiveness.
- Data protection
Based on the General Data Protection Regulation, please be informed that the personal data specified in the application will be processed to ensure progress of this selection competition, the data controller is SIA “Eiropas dzelzceļa līnijas”, address: Ģenerāļa Radziņa krastmala 9, Riga.